In today’s quickly evolving technology landscape, it’s more important than ever to stay on top of the latest industry trends and innovations so that we can continue delivering best-in-class services and solutions to our clients. One way we do this is through the Engineering Summit, our annual peer-led learning experience hosted by Insight Cloud + Data Center Transformation (CDCT).
Engineering Summit 2020 was our biggest yet, with more than 170 CDCT architects, technologists, and consultants in attendance. It featured 72 peer- and partner-led sessions on the latest IT modernization topics, as well as ample time for networking and collaboration. Best of all? It provided us with insights that we can share with clients.
Session topics included:
- Containers – What’s All the Buzz?
- Identity Management
- APIs, Chatbots, and Backups
- SD-WAN State of the Industry
- Automation Services
- And more
Here’s a snapshot of what we discussed:
Senior Data Center Architect Pete Gutwein’s thoughts on containers after leading a session on this topic:
Key takeaways from Senior Data Center Architect Mike Corbeille’s session on hyperconverged infrastructure:
Senior Cloud Security Architect Richard Diver’s post-session thoughts on identity and access management in the cloud:
Benefits of this event
Every year, the Engineering Summit is a great opportunity to learn from peers and strengthen relationships with colleagues. Most sessions were peer-led and designed to be as interactive and hands-on as possible. We also hosted a Partner Fair with more than 15 key technology partners, and a game night and dinner with select CDCT partners.
We believe the Engineering Summit supports:
- Our team members, who…
- Share their experience and expertise with peers
- Build knowledge in key topic areas, in a supportive and collaborative environment
- Network with other industry experts
- Our clients, who…
- Benefit from the CDCT team's shared knowledge and collaboration
- Receive strategies and expertise to help them choose the right technology solutions
- Can trust that their partner, CDCT, is at the forefront of new industry developments and innovations
Here is Chief Architect Juan Orlandini reporting on the attendees, session topics, and how the event helps us deliver more for our clients: