Gone is the idea that fixed-perimeter designs are the answer for secure networking. Redefining access and authentication while avoiding complexity is a challenge. Lateral movement and backdoor activity require fresh battle tactics.
Despite differences across industry, size, and other attributes, most organizations are up against the same challenges — and need to prioritize the same objectives:
- Better visibility — Know what's happening on your network, at all times.
- Better contextual information — Get more granular details about network activity.
- Increased control — Have the tools and infrastructure you need to defend your network, systems, data, and users against complex, persistent, and surfacing threats.
- Simpler management — Leverage technologies and unified management to reduce manual labor and requirements and improve network integration.
- More automation — Streamline processes for policy creation, governance, and threat containment.